Sweet orange peppers add bright flavor to this simple, elegant side—a perfect pairing for any entree. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet orange pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and orange pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Add green beans; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Green Bean Medley in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p24
Reviews for Greek Green Bean Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2011
"They were to oily for our taste."
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2011
"I made this twice and it was delicious. The 2nd time, I used more peppers. I used an orange pepper and a yellow pepper and it was great. I made it to go with the Lemon Caper Baked Cod which was also delicious!"