Greek Garlic Chicken Recipe
Lively flavors of the Greek Isles come through in this mouthwatering chicken entree from Margee Berry. “I created this dish so my husband and I could have a nice dinner after a busy day out and about.”—Margee Berry, Trout Lake, Washington
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in 3/4 cup broth, olives, tomatoes, tapioca, lemon peel and oregano. Add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring remaining oil and broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 318 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Garlic Chicken
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC