Greek Garlic Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a small skillet, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in 3/4 cup broth, olives, tomatoes, tapioca, lemon peel and oregano. Add chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until chicken is tender.
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining oil and broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Serve with chicken; sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Greek Garlic Chicken in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p55
Reviews for Greek Garlic Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2009
LOVED this. LOVED it! Have made it over and over again and love it each time. No alterations necessary. You have to try it.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Garlic Chicken >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >