Greek Garden Salad
Two kinds of peppers, fresh olives and lots of feta cheese will make this colorful Greek toss up, sent in by Glenda Parsonage of Maple Creek, Saskatchewan, a favorite. For a change of pace, try it with capers and lemon slices on top.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- Dash dried oregano
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Just before serving,
- add salad dressing and oregano; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free dressing) equals 110 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 826 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.