Greek Garden Appetizer
This impressive dip is perfect for summer gatherings. Prepared with a flavored cream cheese, the mixture with feta and chopped cucumber and tomatoes is a snap to whip up and tastes great with pita pockets. The recipe is shared by Del Mason of Martensville, Saskatchewan.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Miniature pita pockets
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta, yogurt, garlic,
- oregano and pepper. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle the
- cucumber, tomatoes, onions and olives over the cream cheese mixture.
- Serve with pita bread. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 92 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 223 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer