- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- Miniature pita pockets
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, feta, yogurt, garlic, oregano and pepper. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle the cucumber, tomatoes, onions and olives over the cream cheese mixture. Serve with pita bread. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 cups.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Greek Garden Appetizer
"Delicious and festive looking! Everyone loved it."
"Everyone raved about this appetizer - did not use pita pockets rather served chips andcrackers"
"So good! I made this for a party and everyone (even my father who claims not to like "green stuff") commented on how tasty this was. I couldn't find garden vegetable cr. cheese so I used a plain 8 ounce block mixed with a pkg. of dry vegetable soup/dip mix. I also spread a small container of hummus on top of the cheese mixture. I chopped the vegetables earlier in the day and mixed with a tbls. each of lemon juice and olive oil and used a slotted spoon to place mixture over the top just before serving. Also used garlic pita chips to seve with it. I have a communion party next week and plan on making again."
"I made this the day before so the flavors could blend and put the veggies on a few hours before. The ladies group I made it for LOVED it. Next time I may set the veggies on a paper towel before topping the dip or consider "sweating" the cucumbers with a little salt. A little veggie liquid pooled at the bottom of the pie plate as the evening progressed which made it look somewhat unappetizing."
"Delicious, light, and simple. It's easy to make and great for summer parties."
"Very good! Tastes very authentic!"
"This is a wonderful appetizer! I am just beginning to use Feta cheese and try Greek/Mediterranean dishes and loved this! I served it with pita chips available at my grocery store. Perfect. I made this the day before needed, so put the cream cheese layer on the serving dish and then the cukes and covered with plastic wrap. I added the tomato, onion and olive an hour before serving. Looked terrific and tasted the same!"
"Always a hit! I once found I didn't have any yogurt and replaced it with sour cream. It still turned out great!"