Greek Feta Salad Recipe
- 5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1. On a serving platter, layer tomatoes and onion. Top with feta cheese and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and oregano; drizzle over salad. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 168 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Greek Feta Salad
"Nonna2U, I would love it if you shared your authentic Greek Seasoning Recipe, I made this as is, and my family loved it, but I would still like to try your seasonings for the next time I make this salad, and I will be making this over and over again!"
"Absolutely delicious! I, too, use Greek seasoning. I also add thin pieces of salami and ham. Kalamata olives do make it better. For the dressing, use seasoned rice vinegar in place of the red wine vinegar."
"save time by using Italian dressing instead of vinegar and oil and herbs. Try adding bite size pieces of ripe avocado. Really delicious"
"This recipe is almost identical to mine. Only exceptions - I do use Kalamata olives. I use plain Feta. (For vegans: Use vegan Feta.) I make my own Greek Seasoning (authentic). I use 1 1/2 Tbsp to sprinkle over the top. This also makes the BEST Greek Pizza (same ingredients) on fresh pizza dough as well. Note: Try not to settle for substituting Italian dressing. It is not the same. If anyone is interested, I can share my Greek seasoning (very authentic) or use the one on this site."
"Instead of plain (tasteless) black olives, use Kalamata olives. Also add a few pepperonis then salt and black pepper to taste. It will improve the salad with a more authentic Greek taste."
"Always a hit wherever I take it. My whole family loves it!"