- 5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- On a serving platter, layer tomatoes and onion. Top with feta cheese and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and oregano; drizzle over salad. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Greek Feta Salad
Sort By :
"Nonna2U, I would love it if you shared your authentic Greek Seasoning Recipe, I made this as is, and my family loved it, but I would still like to try your seasonings for the next time I make this salad, and I will be making this over and over again!"
"So refreshing and so yummy on a hot Summer day. We usually have this with some good crusty bread slightly warmed , and a small bowl of EEVO with a pinch of basil, lemon zest, n sea salt muddled just until u smell the basil....thn added to the oil for a yummy bread dip."
"Absolutely delicious! I, too, use Greek seasoning. I also add thin pieces of salami and ham. Kalamata olives do make it better. For the dressing, use seasoned rice vinegar in place of the red wine vinegar."
"save time by using Italian dressing instead of vinegar and oil and herbs. Try adding bite size pieces of ripe avocado. Really delicious"
"This recipe is almost identical to mine. Only exceptions - I do use Kalamata olives. I use plain Feta. (For vegans: Use vegan Feta.) I make my own Greek Seasoning (authentic). I use 1 1/2 Tbsp to sprinkle over the top. This also makes the BEST Greek Pizza (same ingredients) on fresh pizza dough as well. Note: Try not to settle for substituting Italian dressing. It is not the same. If anyone is interested, I can share my Greek seasoning (very authentic) or use the one on this site."