Greek Feta Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir in macaroni. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. In a skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and cinnamon.
- 3. Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 12-16 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 442 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 199 mg cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Feta Casserole
"Delicious. I included a chopped onion when browning the meat. Make sure to double the recipe for leftovers."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.