- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese or shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and 1/4 cup cheese. Stir in macaroni. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. In a skillet, cook pork and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and cinnamon.
- Pour over macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 12-16 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Greek Feta Casserole in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p184
Reviews for Greek Feta Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2009
Delicious. I included a chopped onion when browning the meat. Make sure to double the recipe for leftovers.