Greek Country Salad
“This salad is a summer favorite with everyone and virtually a meal in itself!” —Christine Chinchilla, Hinckley, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced French bread
- In a large salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and
- onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasoning.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just
- before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Serve with bread. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without French bread) equals 194 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.