- 5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 5 slices tomato
- In a food processor, combine the first 11 ingredients; cover and
- pulse four times. Add chickpeas; pulse until chopped. Refrigerate
- for at least 45 minutes. Combine the sauce ingredients; refrigerate
- until serving.
- Shape chickpea mixture by 2/3 cupfuls into patties. Using
- long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato; top each with 1/4 cup tzatziki
- sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 425 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 908 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.