Greek Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, honey, oregano, garlic and salt. Add chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place wings on a rack in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: about 3 dozen (1 cup sauce).
2 each: 276 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Wings
"We did not like the cucumber; the dip was too thin and frothy. I'll squeeze extra lemon and put some coarse pepper on the wings and sprinkle them with feta. Would skip the dip altogether."
"Nice departure from hot wings. Delicious."
"Not the flavor we were looking for. They were good, but not great. The cucumber sauce was delicious. I added the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. sugar and that brought out the other flavors."
"This is FANTASTIC, EASY and DELISH!!!!! Just make 3-4x's the dipping sauce cuz it's great.You'll never use another wing recipe again!!! ...royurboat"