Greek Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, honey, oregano, garlic and salt. Add chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place wings on a rack in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: about 3 dozen (1 cup sauce).
2 pieces with 2-1/2 teaspoons sauce equals 276 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer