Your guests will be delighted to munch on these herbed chicken wings from Lorraine Caland of Thunder Bay Ontario. Just be sure to make plenty of cucumber dipping sauce—it goes quickly!
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Dash salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, honey, oregano, garlic and salt. Add chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings on a rack in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: about 3 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Greek Chicken Wings in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p23
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Greek Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review