Greek Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pounds frozen chicken wingettes, thawed
- CUCUMBER SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Dash salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, honey, oregano, garlic and salt. Add chicken wings; seal bag and toss to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place wings on a rack in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Serve with cucumber sauce. Yield: about 3 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Greek Chicken Wings(4)
Sort By :
Nice departure from hot wings. Delicious.
Not the flavor we were looking for. They were good, but not great. The cucumber sauce was delicious. I added the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 t. salt, 1/2 t. sugar and that brought out the other flavors.
This is FANTASTIC, EASY and DELISH!!!!! Just make 3-4x's the dipping sauce cuz it's great.
You'll never use another wing recipe again!!! ...royurboat
I made Buffalo Hot Wings for the Super Bowl and these Greek Chicken Wings. Touch down for the Greek Chicken Wings. A winning recipe. Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Wings >
- Condiments >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Make Ahead Appetizers >