Greek Chicken Sandwiches
"My wife and I ate sandwiches similar to these at a restaurant and enjoyed them. But they weren't nearly as flavorful as this easy and zesty recipe I came up with!"
Tom Wolf - Tigard, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 pita pocket halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir
- chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the dressing,
- cheese, olives and garlic powder; heat through.
- Line pita halves with lettuce, tomato and onion; fill each with about
- 1/3 cup chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 filled pita halves equals 381 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 832 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.