Greek Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
"My wife and I enjoyed warm chicken sandwiches similar to these at a restaurant," recalls Tom Wolf of Tigard, Oregon. "We wanted a little more flavor, so one night I experimented and came up with this zesty version. We like it best made with Greek olives," he adds.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 4 French or Italian sandwich rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 8 red onion rings
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken and garlic powder in oil until chicken juices run clear; drain.
- Stir in the salad dressing, cheese and olives. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve on rolls with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Chicken Sandwiches in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p22
Reviews for Greek Chicken Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2009
My husband and I really like this recipe - I cut the chicken in strips instead of chunks and we wrap the filling up in tortillas instead of putting on the bread.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >