Greek Chicken Penne Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh oregano, optional
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the artichokes, tomato, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 431 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Penne
"Was very tasty.light and flavorful.I made it with glutenfree pasta"
"This was wonderful - one of the best pasta dishes I have ever made and really quick and easy - it doesn't get much better than that!!! Since one of my daughters is a vegetarian, I made a small batch for her minus the chicken. Didn't really change anything but I did add a little extra feta and a small can of sliced black olives. Also used a 12 oz. jar of marinated artichokes which seemed to be a good amount and drizzled some of the olive oil marinade over the finished dish. Oh wow - it was just so darn good!!!"
"I added about 1 cup of pasta water for moisture. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I love this recipe. This is probably the first time i have ever cooked with artichoke. It was yummy! I didnt have fresh oregano so I used dried. It was still flavorful."
"Great recipe! Left out the red onion and cut back on the artichoke for our tastes, but it was delicious."
"I used grape tomatoes instead and they worked really well with the dish."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.