- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh oregano, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the artichokes, tomato, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Penne
Sort By :
"Was very tasty.light and flavorful.I made it with glutenfree pasta"
"This was wonderful - one of the best pasta dishes I have ever made and really quick and easy - it doesn't get much better than that!!! Since one of my daughters is a vegetarian, I made a small batch for her minus the chicken. Didn't really change anything but I did add a little extra feta and a small can of sliced black olives. Also used a 12 oz. jar of marinated artichokes which seemed to be a good amount and drizzled some of the olive oil marinade over the finished dish. Oh wow - it was just so darn good!!!"
"I added about 1 cup of pasta water for moisture. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I love this recipe. This is probably the first time i have ever cooked with artichoke. It was yummy! I didnt have fresh oregano so I used dried. It was still flavorful."
"Great recipe! Left out the red onion and cut back on the artichoke for our tastes, but it was delicious."