It’s hard to believe a recipe this speedy could create such fresh, mouthwatering Mediterranean flavors. —Dawn Frihauf, Fort Morgan, Colorado
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jars (7-1/2 ounces each) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh oregano, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in the artichokes, tomato, cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with oregano if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Greek Chicken Penne in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review