- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, artichoke hearts, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
- Drain pasta; stir into the pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Pasta
Sort By :
Yum! Good warm or cold and even tastier the next day. Followed the recipe exactly other than substituted 1/4 c. of sun dried tomato pesto for the sun dried tomatoes, as I had it on hand. I think that substitution made it even tastier as the flavor was then distributed to every bite.
Great warm or cold!
I made this when it was first published in 2010, and it has become a favorite. Instead of chicken, I have used shrimp several times with equal success. And, at times instead of the chicken broth, I have used white wine. Quick, easy and versatile.
Loved it! We're not fans of artichoke, so I substituted small pieces of blanched thin asparagus!
I also had a pound of boneless/skinless chicken breast in the fridge, so pre-cooked it in a Rosemary/Garlic seasoning.
Hubby and I LOVED it - promptly inhaled :D
I am a subscriber to Taste of home and I tried this recipe and my family loved it. I don't like greek olives, but used black olives instead. My mom has moved in due to health issues and threw my book away that had the recipe in it and I am so glad I could go on line and find it. This is a great dish.