Greek Chicken Pasta Recipe
This hearty main dish has great Mediterranean flavor. I left out the olives, and my family still loved it. —Susan Stetzel, Gainesville, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, artichoke hearts, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
- 3. Drain pasta; stir into the pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 556 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 916 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC