- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Greek olives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the chicken, artichoke hearts, cheese, tomatoes and olives.
- Drain pasta; stir into the pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Pasta
"I agree with another reviewer on this, it was just okay for me. I love all of the ingredients, but it wasn't much of a sauce. I thought the flavors would really pop for me, but they didn't. And it was actually a pretty expensive dish to make, so I'll probably skip it next time."
"Although the flavors were good and it has my favorites like greek olives and artichokes the texture was not great. In the picture it looks like a light pasta dish - what I got was sticky sauce that overpowered the olives, artichokes and tomatoes. I am not in a hurry to try this again but when I do I may skip the butter/onions/chicken broth/flour and try tossing in olive oil."
"I found this to be a bit bland, but not bad. I didn't have artichokes. Maybe that was the issue. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Yum! Good warm or cold and even tastier the next day. Followed the recipe exactly other than substituted 1/4 c. of sun dried tomato pesto for the sun dried tomatoes, as I had it on hand. I think that substitution made it even tastier as the flavor was then distributed to every bite."
"Great warm or cold!"
"Loved it! We're not fans of artichoke, so I substituted small pieces of blanched thin asparagus!I also had a pound of boneless/skinless chicken breast in the fridge, so pre-cooked it in a Rosemary/Garlic seasoning.Hubby and I LOVED it - promptly inhaled :D"
"I am a subscriber to Taste of home and I tried this recipe and my family loved it. I don't like greek olives, but used black olives instead. My mom has moved in due to health issues and threw my book away that had the recipe in it and I am so glad I could go on line and find it. This is a great dish."
"This is one of my favorites - thanks Sue!"