Greek Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds broiler/fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. In a greased 9-in. square baking dish, place the carrots, potato and onion. Drizzle with remaining oil and toss to coat. Top with chicken.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken and vegetables; drizzle with lemon juice.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 each: 282 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Dinner
"I had bought some leg quarters and was needing a dish I could easily prepare and let cook while I took care of some yard work. The Greek chicken dinner worked perfectly. I had everything I needed on hand, it came together quickly and baked while I took care of other things. I served it with a green salad and some yeast rolls from the freezer and it was delicious. The seasoning gave the chicken and vegetables a good taste. Browning the chicken gave it a nice crispy coating."
"It's hard to go wrong with this classic recipe. The seasoning gives it a lot of bounce. If you like a little more moisture in the cooking, add a little chicken stock. I added a bit more potatoes and carrots and onion just to extend it, and it was still excellent. Good wholesome food for a relaxed Sunday night."
"I made this last night and the whole family rated it "A Keeper"! It was easy to prep and it looks like a very versatile recipe; you could sub any veggies that roast well, change up the seasonings or the quantities, etc. This one is in my recipe box for good!"
"This is so delicious, I am glad to see it is also low in fat."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.