I received this wonderful recipe from our daughter-in-law, who is from Athens, Greece.
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds broiler/fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. In a greased 9-in. square baking dish, place the carrots, potato and onion. Drizzle with remaining oil and toss to coat. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken and vegetables; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Greek Chicken Dinner in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p163
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review