- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds broiler/fryer chicken, cut up
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil. In a greased 9-in. square baking dish, place the carrots, potato and onion. Drizzle with remaining oil and toss to coat. Top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over chicken and vegetables; drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Dinner
"I had bought some leg quarters and was needing a dish I could easily prepare and let cook while I took care of some yard work. The Greek chicken dinner worked perfectly. I had everything I needed on hand, it came together quickly and baked while I took care of other things. I served it with a green salad and some yeast rolls from the freezer and it was delicious. The seasoning gave the chicken and vegetables a good taste. Browning the chicken gave it a nice crispy coating."
"It's hard to go wrong with this classic recipe. The seasoning gives it a lot of bounce. If you like a little more moisture in the cooking, add a little chicken stock. I added a bit more potatoes and carrots and onion just to extend it, and it was still excellent. Good wholesome food for a relaxed Sunday night."
"I made this last night and the whole family rated it "A Keeper"! It was easy to prep and it looks like a very versatile recipe; you could sub any veggies that roast well, change up the seasonings or the quantities, etc. This one is in my recipe box for good!"
"This is so delicious, I am glad to see it is also low in fat."