- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked orzo pasta, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, thyme, rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook and stir until potatoes are lightly browned. Return onion mixture to pan; stir in tomatoes, green beans and olives. Cook 1 minute longer.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and remaining pepper; place over top of potato mixture. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. Sprinkle with feta and parsley. If desired, serve with orzo.
To Make Ahead: Can be made a few hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Greek Chicken Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p189
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Greek Chicken Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review