Greek Chicken & Artichokes
Because it’s so easy and fast, this recipe was a perennial favorite with my friends during our college years. I’ve also added olives and onions to the mix to give it a little something extra. —Caitlin Chaney, Palm Harbor, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Toss chicken with Greek seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over
- medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, covered, 8-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with rice. Top with cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1 tablespoon cheese equals 309 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,