Greek Chicken & Artichokes Recipe
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Toss chicken with Greek seasoning. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes and artichoke hearts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice and 1 tablespoon cheese equals 309 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 704 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.