This recipe earned me first place in a local cooking contest a few years ago. For special occasions, I add four to six sun-dried tomatoes (soaked and drained according to package directions) to the cheese mixture before blending. —Nina Ivanoff, Prince George, British Columbia
Recommended: 38 Greek-Style Dinners
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in. thickness; set aside. In a food processor or blender, combine the cheese, olives, 1 tablespoon oil and oregano; cover and process until mixture reaches a thick chunky paste consistency. Spread over chicken; roll up and tuck in ends. Secure each with a wooden toothpick.
- In a bowl, combine wine, sugar, vinegar, garlic, thyme and remaining oil. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with onion. Place chicken over onion.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and baste with pan juices. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Greek Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p190
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Greek Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review