Greek Cheese Balls Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the feta cheese, olives, cucumber, red peppers and pepper. Shape into two balls; roll in walnuts. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (2-1/4 cups each).
2 tablespoons equals 107 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Cheese Balls
"A keeper... served with pita chips and it was gone!!!! Only change I made was to roll it in pecans because the kids prefer them... but they loved it!! Thanks!!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer