This quick, easy party pleaser is best served with crackers, pita chips or pita bread cut in wedges.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the feta cheese, olives, cucumber, red peppers and pepper. Shape into two balls; roll in walnuts. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (2-1/4 cups each).
Originally published as Greek Cheese Balls in Country December/January 2010, p51
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Greek Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2012
"A keeper... served with pita chips and it was gone!!!! Only change I made was to roll it in pecans because the kids prefer them... but they loved it!! Thanks!!"