- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the feta cheese, olives, cucumber, red peppers and pepper. Shape into two balls; roll in walnuts. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2 cheese balls (2-1/4 cups each).
Originally published as Greek Cheese Balls in Country December/January 2010, p51
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Greek Cheese Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2012
"A keeper... served with pita chips and it was gone!!!! Only change I made was to roll it in pecans because the kids prefer them... but they loved it!! Thanks!!"