Greek Burgers Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 hamburger buns or hard rolls, split
- Sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, optional
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Pan-fry, grill or broil until no longer pink. Serve on buns with cucumbers, tomatoes and ranch dressing if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 350 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Greek Burgers
"I saw ground lamb at the market and thought it might be fun to try something new. I loved it! This recipe is easy and tasty. Making homemade tzatziki sauce made it extra special."
"My mother first served this recipe to our family and I have craved it ever since. When I made them, we had a repeat of thumbs up, which is amazing since I have super picky kids. My children only added tomato and ranch, my husband and I had the same with also, cucumber slices. The only change we made is we served it in Pita Pockets (I think the kids might have preferred buns) DH and I had a Greek salad with it. This will be added to our favorites!"
"My family was curious to try lamb, and after finally locating some, I tried this recipe and it is really very good. I sprinkled a little bouqet garni on the patties and patted it into the lamb, then fried them in a pan. I'm looking forward to trying them on the grill."
"I absolutely love this recipe. I crumbled mine and put it in pita's instead of making burgers. Topped with a little homemade tzatziki sauce....mmm mmm good!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.