- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 hamburger buns or hard rolls, split
- Sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, optional
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until no longer pink. Serve on buns with cucumbers, tomatoes and ranch dressing if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Greek Burgers
Sort By :
"I saw ground lamb at the market and thought it might be fun to try something new. I loved it! This recipe is easy and tasty. Making homemade tzatziki sauce made it extra special."
"My mother first served this recipe to our family and I have craved it ever since. When I made them, we had a repeat of thumbs up, which is amazing since I have super picky kids. My children only added tomato and ranch, my husband and I had the same with also, cucumber slices. The only change we made is we served it in Pita Pockets (I think the kids might have preferred buns) DH and I had a Greek salad with it. This will be added to our favorites!"
"My family was curious to try lamb, and after finally locating some, I tried this recipe and it is really very good. I sprinkled a little bouqet garni on the patties and patted it into the lamb, then fried them in a pan. I'm looking forward to trying them on the grill."
"I absolutely love this recipe. I crumbled mine and put it in pita's instead of making burgers. Topped with a little homemade tzatziki sauce....mmm mmm good!"