The refreshing taste of these Mediterranean-flavored bites will have guests going back for seconds. But they can do so without guilt because this great appetizer is so healthful.
Joy Shind - Smyrna, Tennessee
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Place bread slices on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the
- heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon,
- top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 26 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer