- 1/4 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons pitted Greek olives
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 carton (6-1/2 ounces) spreadable spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- Place artichokes and olives in a food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Unfold one pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; spread half of the cream cheese over half of pastry. Top with half of the artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Fold plain half over filling; press gently to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry, cream cheese, artichoke mixture and Parmesan cheese. Whisk egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut each rectangle into sixteen 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist strips several times; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with tzatziki sauce if desired. Yield: 32 breadsticks.
Originally published as Greek Breadsticks in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Greek Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Artichoke Hearts >
- Artichoke Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >