Greek Breadsticks Recipe
- 1/4 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons pitted Greek olives
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 carton (6-1/2 ounces) spreadable spinach and artichoke cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce, optional
- 1. Place artichokes and olives in a food processor; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Unfold one pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface; spread half of the cream cheese over half of pastry. Top with half of the artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Fold plain half over filling; press gently to seal.
- 2. Repeat with remaining pastry, cream cheese, artichoke mixture and Parmesan cheese. Whisk egg and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut each rectangle into sixteen 3/4-in.-wide strips. Twist strips several times; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with tzatziki sauce if desired. Yield: 32 breadsticks.
1 breadstick: 101 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Greek Breadsticks
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.