Greek Beef Pitas Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Additional chopped tomatoes and cucumber, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, tomato, cucumber, dill and remaining salt. Spoon 3/4 cup beef mixture over each pita bread; top with 3 tablespoons yogurt sauce. If desired, top with additional tomatoes and cucumbers. Serve with remaining yogurt sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional toppings) equals 407 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 851 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Greek Beef Pitas
"I have not made this as of yet. I will very soon. to much other's to do. love ALL your res. scotty."