Greek Beef Pitas Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Additional chopped tomatoes and cucumber, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, tomato, cucumber, dill and remaining salt. Spoon 3/4 cup beef mixture over each pita bread; top with 3 tablespoons yogurt sauce. If desired, top with additional tomatoes and cucumbers. Serve with remaining yogurt sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional top: 407 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein
Reviews for Greek Beef Pitas
"I have not made this as of yet. I will very soon. to much other's to do. love ALL your res. scotty."