- 8 medium red potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 40-45 minutes or until tender.
- Increase oven setting to 450°. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato crosswise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. (Save removed potato for another use.) If necessary, carefully trim bottom of cups so potatoes will sit upright. Rub 3 tablespoons oil over inside and outside of potatoes.
- Place potato cups on two 15x10x1-in. baking pans, cut side down; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until skin is crisp. Turn potatoes over; bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and oregano; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach and lemon juice; heat through. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Spoon into potato cups. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grecian Potato Cups in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Grecian Potato Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review