Grecian Gold Medal Wraps Recipe
“For a healthy dish, I created these wraps with fat-free yogurt and whole wheat tortillas,” explains Margee Berry of Trout Lake, Washington. “Only a small quantity of the Greek olives is needed to give the sandwiches loads of flavor.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup canned white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2/3 cup torn romaine
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted Greek olives
- 1. In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork. Stir in the feta cheese, yogurt, onion and lemon juice. Fold in tomatoes. Spread 1/4 cup onto each tortilla. Top with chicken, romaine and olives; roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
1 wrap equals 279 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 774 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC