Grecian Garden Salad Recipe
“My mom often makes this for guests. Colorful and healthy, it doesn’t taste light because of the generous amount of cheese.” Melissa Sipherd - Salt Lake City, UT
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer to a serving bowl. Stir in the tomatoes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, basil, oil, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 579 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Grecian Garden Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC