Grecian Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each), cut up
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 cups sliced unpeeled red potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon each paprika, salt, pepper and dried oregano
- 1. Place chicken in a large shallow baking pan. Combine the lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and oregano; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- 2. For potatoes, place the onion in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange potatoes in rows over the onion, with slices slightly overlapping. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,408 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Grecian Chicken and Potatoes
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.