- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (2-1/2 to 3 pounds each), cut up
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 cups sliced unpeeled red potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon each paprika, salt, pepper and dried oregano
- Place chicken in a large shallow baking pan. Combine the lemon juice, garlic salt, pepper and oregano; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- For potatoes, place the onion in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange potatoes in rows over the onion, with slices slightly overlapping. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grecian Chicken and Potatoes
"The potatoes were okay, but my husband Loved the chicken"
"Outstanding!! Everyone loved them.... did have to bake the potatoes a little bit longer but maybe I cut them too thick... will be making again. thanks!!"