Great Pumpkin Sandwiches Recipe
Visited by the Great Pumpkin? Your guests might think so when you serve this puffy layered tortilla sandwich fresh from the oven. It's seasoned with onion and garlic and loaded with melted cheddar cheese. A celery stick with leaves still attached makes it look like it was just picked from the pumpkin patch.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 18 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 celery sticks with leaves, optional
- 1. In a food processor, blend cheese and butter. Add the eggs, garlic salt and onion salt; process for 1 minute or until creamy. Spread 1/4 cupful on each tortilla.
- 2. Stack three tortillas, cheese side up for each sandwich; sprinkle with paprika. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. If desired, add celery to resemble a pumpkin stem. Cut sandwiches into halves to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 each) equals 573 calories, 46 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 1,241 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC