Visited by the Great Pumpkin? Your guests might think so when you serve this puffy layered tortilla sandwich fresh from the oven. It's seasoned with onion and garlic and loaded with melted cheddar cheese. A celery stick with leaves still attached makes it look like it was just picked from the pumpkin patch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Pumpkin Halloween Party
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 18 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 celery sticks with leaves, optional
- In a food processor, blend cheese and butter. Add the eggs, garlic salt and onion salt; process for 1 minute or until creamy. Spread 1/4 cupful on each tortilla.
- Stack three tortillas, cheese side up for each sandwich; sprinkle with paprika. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbly. If desired, add celery to resemble a pumpkin stem. Cut sandwiches into halves to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Great Pumpkin Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p39
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2010
"very easy to make! tasted too much like eggs, kinda like an omelette filling tho"