- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Dessert
Sort By :
"I used a little less sugar, around 1/2 cup - 3/4 of a cup since I was afraid a whole cup would make this too sweet. This turned out delicious and I received many complements and will be making it again for Thanksgiving."
"I followed the recipe exactly- came out delicious!! Served warm with vanilla ice cream. Everyone raved :)"
"Great Dump cake recipe. I did make a small change to the recipe, I added 1/2 cup of heath bar chips to the topping. Added a great taste and texture."
"I, too, have called this Pumpkin Dump cake. Love it. It's so easy. I use pecans, instead of walnuts. Been making this for eons!"
"I've been making this dessert for nearly 40 years. Only I've always called it Pumpkin Dump Cake. It's rich, delicious and very easy to make."