- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Dessert
"I screwed up while I was making this recipe. I added the cake mix into the other ingredients. It was too late to do anything about it, so I put that mixture into the pan and then made an oatmeal crunch topping and sprinkled that on top before I baked. I also added some raisins. It turned out awesome. Everyone loved. Will make it this way again!! :~)))"
"It's YUMMY! I'm wondering if this needs to be refrigerated after baking."
"I used a little less sugar, around 1/2 cup - 3/4 of a cup since I was afraid a whole cup would make this too sweet. This turned out delicious and I received many complements and will be making it again for Thanksgiving."
"I followed the recipe exactly- came out delicious!! Served warm with vanilla ice cream. Everyone raved :)"
"Great Dump cake recipe. I did make a small change to the recipe, I added 1/2 cup of heath bar chips to the topping. Added a great taste and texture."