Great Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Dessert(25)
Sort By :
One of our favorites. I have been making this for a few years and have not had a failure yet! Very easy too.
Oh my word this was so good! Only thing I did different is I used a teaspoon and a half of cinnamon and a teaspoon and a half of nutmeg bc I didn't have any pumpkin pie spice...between two of us we ate a third of the pan in one night!
I made this recipe to take to my Mother-in-law's Birthday Party, just because I wanted to try it. Everyone loved it! I am planning on making another one to take to my school for our Thanksgiving day staff party. It's so easy and so good!
Delicious! Easy! I made it for a church meeting tonight and everyone loved it! A definite keeper.
Tips: Substituted 1/4t stevia for 6T of the sugar. Used home grown & frozen pumpkin so using a blender created a smooth batter not achieved with the mixer. A great recipe for using an out of date cake mix.