- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Dessert
Sort By :
"This recipe is awesome! Have made it many times. Took it to a fall get-together and everyone wanted the recipe. Thank you for sharing"
"I made this and then only had a small piece. My husband liked it, not sure what the neighbors thought. I'll make it again as it was pretty simple, and the small piece I had was good. Wish I'd had more so I could rate this with a more helpful review."
"Love this dessert. Made it for the first time and used Carrot cake mix, which turned out well. I did reduce the sugar in half as well as the butter. It turned out quite well. Very pleased with something this tasty being so easy to make! Am planning to make it for friend's birthday, in a few weeks. Will use a Gluten Free cake mix with that one, as many of my friends are gluten free."
"Delicious, Especially when you use a Butter Pecan cake mix and pecans on top."
"This is a favorite at our house but the one cup of sugar makes it way too sweet. The cake mix adds a lot of sweetness to this recipe. I like to taste the flavors of the pumpkin, not have it overloaded with sugar. therefore, I only use a scant 1/4 cup of sugar, also use pecans."