Great Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Great Pumpkin Dessert
Sort By :
"Delicious, Especially when you use a Butter Pecan cake mix and pecans on top."
"This is a favorite at our house but the one cup of sugar makes it way too sweet. The cake mix adds a lot of sweetness to this recipe. I like to taste the flavors of the pumpkin, not have it overloaded with sugar. therefore, I only use a scant 1/4 cup of sugar, also use pecans."
"I found this recipe in ToH magazine several years ago and my whole family loves it! It's so easy to prepare and tastes delicious! My husband requests it (and prefers it over traditional pumpkin pie) for every Thanksgiving . The only thing I've found is that the nuts get a little burned if you cook this for an hour. So I usually cover it with foil or I wait to throw the nuts on in the last 20-30 minutes of baking. Thanks ToH for another great recipe!"
"I have been making this exact recipe for 35 years. It always gets a compliment. Sometimes I think it gets to salty so if I have it I use unsalted butter to pour over the top. Pecans work nicely also. Enjoy!"
"I make this a lot. I love it with chocolate drizzled on it."