Great Pumpkin Dessert
In Fountain Valley, California, Linda Guyot relies on canned pumpkin and a yellow cake mix to fix this effortless alternative to pumpkin pie. "It's a tried-and-true dessert that always elicits compliments and requests for the recipe."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- In a large bowl, beat first five ingredients until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cake
- mix and drizzle with butter. Top with walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Yield: 12-16
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 385 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.