Great Pork Chop Bake Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and onion; toss to coat. Pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Great Pork Chop Bake
Sort By :
"As written, this dish is ,4 star.But with very few changes this dish is a wonderful easy make ahead dinner. I double the onions. Then change the cream of chicken to cream of mushroom soup. I also add i pkg small portabellamushrooms...sliced. I usually double the entire sauce/ gravy recipe using 2 to 2. 1/2 lg onions. The pork, onions, and gravy freeze so well. Potatoes on the other hand do not freeze as well"
"I loved the flavour, but the potatoes took way longer to cook than 50 minutes."
"This is okay.....very simple. I used only two bone in chops but each one weighed two pounds.....they were monstrous! Also used golden potatoes. I'll make thus again, maybe with red skins."
"My husband and I loved this. Excellent tasting, quick & easy. Served with salad & dinner rolls. This is a great Sunday meal. The 1hr baking time is too long for weeknight if preparing after work."
"My husband likes this recipe, but it is too heavy for me and our daughters."