Great Pork Chop Bake Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and onion; toss to coat. Pour over the chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Great Pork Chop Bake(5)
Sort By :
My husband likes this recipe, but it is too heavy for me and our daughters.
I made a few changes to the recipe and we enjoyed the results. I caramelized the onions in the oil; removed them and then browned the pork chops. I put the chops in the baking dish and added the gravy ingredients to the drippings. I also added a can of cream of mushroom to make sure there was enough gravy. Added the onions and other ingredients to the gravy and proceeded as per the recipe.
The gravy looked so good, but the combination of flavors was just weird. Neither my husband nor I liked it. I cut the potatoes smaller than called for, and I still had to bake it a half hour longer.
Tasty, down home type cooking. Sauce enough for 4 chops but not 6.
Delicious and so easy to make! My family doesn't like onion pieces so I substituted 1/2 tsp onion powder.