Great Northern Bean Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (48 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, salsa, broth, cumin if desired and chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 401 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 8g fiber), 38g protein.
Reviews for Great Northern Bean Chili
"I make this all the time. My 14 year old son loves it. I also mix the cheese in while cooking, and server it with tortilla chips"
"I make this all the time, but I include the cheese while it is cooking. Great tasting chili."